Tuesday, January 31, 2012

FLORIDA PRIMARYYYYY!

Mitt Romney takes the delegates of Florida.

Today... has been the most interesting of all my days (attempting hours) on a political campaign.

I live in Lakeland, Florida and drive to St. Pete for school every day. Today I was given the day off my my professor in hopes of getting a few hours.

I set out on my own to find a supervisor and some hours... low and behold I missed the Former Speaker of the house himself by all of 37 minutes!

My journey today started out on the back porch of my house, reading the news online, and being on facebook. I got a little clever or so I think and started a search on Facebook for any leads on "headquarters" for Repulicans in my County, which later led to to find that Gingrich himself had a headquarters on one of the main roads in my hometown! SMALL WORLD! Especially for Polk County. I decided to get my self all pretty and head down there. There wasn't much left of the headquarters as the primary was coming to an end that night.

I did though meet someone that would sign off on hours and educate me in the world of campaigning. Mrs. Linda Ivell!

If not for her I would still be lost! I am a little bit as I still do not have near enough hours for my class! Thank Goodness for  a deadline as the end of April 2012! (end of the semester)

Mrs. Ivell and I went down to Bartow tonight. Lori Edwards, Supervisor of Elections was there tallying all the votes from the precincts. I got a behind the scenes preview of how things really work! I thought maybe I would get to see more and I was not previewed to information before the public but it was quite amazing the effort that goes into creating such a systemof tallying! Ofcourse, because it is Polk County... it did take almost 3 hours to tally all the votes! ;) 3 Hours closer to my goal though!

I will edit this post and put up the pictures from this night!


A huge THANK YOU to Mrs. Linda Ivell for helping and setting me on my way to succeeding!

No comments:

Post a Comment